Hospice care during the Covid pandemic comes with some unusual questions and safety concerns that have not been previously seen in recent years. Trinity Home and Health Care understand and their team of professionals knows what it takes to provide the best home care services to North Richland Hills, Texas, and surrounding counties, including Tarrant and Dallas.
If your loved one requires compassionate hospice care, there are a few questions you will want to ask before choosing a location to ensure that you find the right home. There are many reasons why someone may require temporary or long-term hospice care, and these five queries will work for them all.
You might be interested: How to Keep Seniors Safe and Comforted During COVID-19
- If you already have a place in mind locally, you will want to check that they are currently admitting new clients. This will make it easier for you to plan for the transition to the hospice.
- Check if they allow in-person visits. There are precautionary guidelines that many health care centers and homes are using to determine when it is safe for a family member or caregiver to visit in person, and you will want to familiarize yourself with their policies.
- Ask about their safety precautions and policies regarding masks, social distancing, disinfecting spaces, and other protocols.
- The hospice staff must meet mental, spiritual, and physical needs. Ask what they are doing to help keep clients comfortable, supported, and encouraged during this pandemic. You can ask if they have volunteers or telehealth available to meet these needs.
- The Covid pandemic is unlike anything most people have seen in their lifetime, and it can be hard to know the best way to help your loved one. Do not be afraid to ask. The hospice team can give you peace of mind and a clear set of steps for how you can support your family member during this time.