Hospice care is a unique type of care created to provide comfort, support, and compassion to patients and their family members in situations where the patient is faced with a terminal illness. Hospice care is focused on patients’ comfort, not the cure and that’s what makes it unique. Hospice care at Trinity Home and Health Care from Tarrant County, Texas is focused on making the patient comfortable in what might be their last days or weeks.
What does hospice care include?
At Trinity Home and Health Care we prioritize patients needs. Under this we consider the following:
1. Patients physical needs which may include
- Pain relief
- Reducing the symptoms of the patient’s illness
- Taking care of all discomfort that comes with patient’s illness
2. Patient’s emotional and spiritual well-being
- In some instances, this can be equally important as physical health
3. Following changes in patient’s treatment needs
- Sometimes patients condition outgrows hospice care, and focus needs to switch to other types of care such as palliative care.
4. The needs of the patient’s family
Who can receive hospice care at Trinity Home and Health Care
Not everybody can receive hospice care. Only upon receiving notice from a doctor that patient no longer has benefited from standard treatments and that their life expectancy is six months or less one becomes eligible for hospice care.
Upon filling these requirements a person becomes available to enter hospice care program at Trinity Home and Health Care.
People who fill these requirements and want to enter Trinity Home and Health Care hospice care should know that this type of care can be conducted in patients’ homes, but also if the situation is like that in a nursing home, assisted living, or even at friends or family members home.
Additional services at Trinity Home and Health Care Hospice care
If you decide for hospice care at Trinity Home and Health Care you will get an array of services which include:
- Professional staff
- Pain and symptoms management
- Staff available 24/7
- Education on the subject of hospice care
- Spiritual support
- Social services